d'Good Cafe @ Holland Village

13:54



I was meeting Jessica today to celebrate that she is now officially accepted in the company that she went to interview for!! So happy for her but feel sad at the same time too as she cannot be a free bird anymore :'( But anyway, the most important thing is she got a job already!!

d'Good Cafe is located at Holland Village. I am very familiar with that place as I lived there for a good two years before I move to my current permanent house. So after looking at the address and the map, I know right away where it is located. 



It is along the DBS, Citibank, Maybank, Hatched and Starbucks shophouses that stretch. You know you are there when you see this:


The counter:

Right after you go up the stairs, you will see two direction. If you go straight, you will see this counter "room" and if you turn left, you will see the dining "room". Note that I use the word "room" is because it was designed like that! You will understand what I mean when you go there. 

So, of course we went to the counter to take our order first before seating down (we did peek inside the dining"room" to see if there were tables first). I was so in love with this cafe! The design is so vintage-is and "back to nature" kind of feeling. I feel so home too! The little details there are not to be missed! I could not stop taking pictures here and there while the staffs there were waiting to take my order!

Okay, we wanted to order 1 pizza and 1 pasta to share. I was then informed that I would need to wait for 35-40 minutes for the pizza. OH NO! We were famished and could not wait that long. We ended up ordering pasta. They offered us to take the promotion going on and that is: soup of the day + selected pasta + drinks = $20. So we thought it was a good deal as we were really hungry. We took the set for each of us. 



Wall of testimony by their patrons on the polaroid films.





This is actually their coffee machine! So different from the normal rectangular shapes in normal cafes. 




The seating on the second floor:

This is the one that I mentioned earlier which you turn left upon reaching the second floor, it is also where we sat on that day. Cuteness overloads! The swing facing the road, SO CUTEEE! It was not that crowded at that time. It was around 2 p.m. 

Yes, that's Jessica standing in front of the swing.



We were given this round thingy that will ring when your order is done! I don't know what it is called, but I guess never mind! Hehehe!

The view from our swing!

This is the staircase to the third floor! Carry on reading to see what gem they have upstairs!


The whole design is nice, the staffs were quite friendly (not very, but still okay). The only thing that I was a little upset is about this. Yes, uncleared tables! Even the place that we were seating, it was filled with dirty plates and cups. We had to clear it ourselves too. They might want to strengthen on this side. If there were not enough staff, maybe they could implement the "clear before you go" kind of attitude in their customer? 

Oh, there is no GST and service charge in this cafe. Clearing by ourselves is not a problem, but maybe they can make it easier by putting a small station where we can put the tray of dirty plates? Otherwise they gotta strengthen their manpower a little. 

Our Food:

Jessica's cafe latte. I really don't know why most of my companion always drink cafe late!

Our soup of the day. Not really tasty, it was too diluted. I was not able to finish the bowl of soup. 

Carbonara

Mushroom pasta with cream sauce

Here is the thing. Both of the pasta tasted the same, however in a not too good way. They added herbs inside the pasta. Although it was written there in the description of the pasta, but I didn't expect the taste of the herbs to be so strong. It may be nice to a minority of people, however I am not sure if everyone can accept the taste.

Yep, that's my soup over there, still has more than half.

I ordered orange juice! Did I tell you that I love it? the serving was generous despite it is a promotion and I requested with less ice as I was having cough, and they really gave me less ice as in really less without giving me less juice! I feel that the orange juice was freshly squeezed, or wasn't it?

This is my leftoever. The serving is standard, not too big, but I just couldn't take the taste. It was really very srtong.

Same goes to Jessica's Mushroom pasta. The mushroom was really tasteless even with the strong smell of the herbs. 



I decided to try their waffles! I mean, there is bound be somehting nice from this place! Well, it turned out that this is not the one either. The waffle ($7) it was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, however it was so soft that it feels like it is not fully cooked yet. Maybe it is just how the texture is supposed to be. It is not too very worth of the money too as I thought the serving is too small, with only one whole piece of banana and 2 pieces of strawberry. 

Other Photos:

Going up to third floor... 




Tadaaa! I present to you the romantic outdoor dining area that they have on the third floor! I guess that it would be really nice at night, really suitable for chilling, Like maybe a glass of beer and a serving of pizza or other bites. But they don't serve beer, do they? Hehehe. 


The symbol of Holland Village, The Windmill! 





The inside of the third floor is catered to students! There are numorous plugs available in the cafe, both second floor and third floor. The third floor is specially designed for the studious type, like a mini library! I could imagine myself going there several times a week if I were still staying at HV! This could be the only reason that will make me want to visit there again. 

I do hear that they serve quite a good coffee, I am not a coffee lover, so it's a nah for me. I woud suggest my friend to go there if we were to have a group discussion or do project! If you are alone, you don't have to worry as well as the place is quiet enough for you to study. Most improtantly, the place is really cozy and study-friendly!





Overall
The place is really nice and cosy! I would definitely go back there despite the food not to my liking. If only they serve normal standard cafe food, it will be perfect! But it's okay! I guess that's how they stand out from the rest of the cafe. They set their own trend!


Did you know?
There is a lift available from the first floor to go up to second and third floor. So when you feel lazy, you can always take the lift up to third floor to find a seat and then walk down to second floor to order.


You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us creditloan.11@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is.Mrs.Anna Daniel. I live in Ukraine i am a happy woman today? i need to use this time to tell all people how i got my loan from this honest and God fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $84,000 please contact him. if you also need a loan without any problem he name is Dr Purva Pius email (urgentloan22@gmail.com) tell him that is Mrs.Anna Daniel that refer you to he

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am so happy and thankful to God for what he has done in my life,i am Mrs.Juliet Daniel from U.S.A after four years of seeking for loan online the internet Scammers has succeeded in taking from me the sum of $13,000.00 without given me my loan, I lost every thing i have because of scam and ever since i was scared to make contact online concerning loan. One day, as i was browsing , i saw a comment by a woman Name Mrs Anna from Ukraine thanking the Dr Purva Pius Loan Company for lending a loan saying that if there is any one who also need loan are to contact the company and they will surly lend anybody loan so i took there email and i contacted them we had every agreement to pay back the loan and i submitted my bank account to them and they told i will receive my loan in 24 hours and to my greatest shock, exactly 24 hours, my bank send me an alert of confirmation that the Dr Purva Pius Loan Company has transfer my loan amount of $87,000.00 dollars to my account am so happy and i want to use this medium to advice every one who is in need of loan or You have been scam in the past worry no more contact the very right company who can lend out loan on(urgentloan22@gmail.com). and please beware of internet scams most of this Email of lenders you see online are all scams so contact the Dr Purva Pius Loan Company because they are capable of given you your loan thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Email us:(flourishloancredite@gmail.com
    Application Form:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....
    Email us(flourishloancredite@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete