L'etoile @ Farrer Park

01:16

OMG! FINALLY! I had been waiting to blog this post ever since I stepped into their store!! I gotta resist it cause I promised myself not to skip any of the places no matter how tempted I would be to post the latest one. First in first out!! hehehehe.

L'etoile

Tadaaa! L'etoile Cafe is located near Farrer Park mrt station. I accompanied Jessica to go for her medical check up at Boon Keng. I searched on Singapore Maps application and found out that it was actually a walking distance from the clinic and so I suggested to walk there. 

On the way, we were quite lost and worried that we were not on the right track. But no worries! My sense of direction is quite good! hehehe. We ended up reaching to the destination safe and sound. It took us about 20 minutes to walk there (the clinic is just beside Boon Keng mrt station). Of course if you are going there, I would definitely say the nearest mrt station would be farrer park. Walking distance from Farrer park is around 5 minutes. 


When we reached there, I was quite shocked. The place was much smaller than I had imagined! It was full house and I went out of the cafe to double check if I was at the correct place. The kind waiter then informed us that there are actually more seats on the second floor. Hehehehe. My bad. So up we went to second floor, and there.. is really the hidden jem!

 Their menu

L'etoile


L'etoile
Order order! We were dead hungry! The menu is so cute! It was all hand written and drawn! There is this part saying "I am hungry" which of course means the mains in the store. Once I saw it I straight away went "YES YES! I am hungry!" LOL

Our Table

L'etoile

L'etoile
CUTE, NO!? This table is actually a sewing machine! It is exactly like the one that my mom used to own! And... 

Yes, it is really the whole sewing machine, not just an empty shell! The whole thing is intact, I suddenly remembered how I used to sit down in front of this and act like I was sewing something (to copy my mom) Heheheh.

Jessica very impressed to see the inside too!


However we realised that the table is way too small for us and we had to move. There were not much seats left, only left two that were by the window and the sun shone right through! We had no choice but to choose one of the two :( 

L'etoile
Our new table <3 

Me, myself and I! 

My companion of the WHOLE day! Jessica! 

Our food

I ordered the OJ $3.90. I think this is the first time I drank OJ until I almost couldn't finish it! The take away cup was actually quite big. I requested less ice as I was having cough, and they really gave me less ice without giving me lesser juice! Thumbs up! Many places that I went to actually serve with a much smaller glass and when I requested less ice, they would give me less OJ too :/

Jessica ordered Piccolo Latter $4.50. How does it taste like? Me not sure too. All the latte taste the same to a non coffee lover! 

L'etoile

Pan Seared Dory $16.90. The dory was really nice! Other than the fact that the serving was quite small. The food is nice, yes, however not worth the money. I would considered it perfect if they serve the whole fish fillet instead of serving it only half. It was served together with wedges and some broccolis, carrot and cauliflower. Taste wise, recommended! 

L'etoile

Jessica had the Bangers and Mash $17.90. It was literally sausages with mash potato below as well as the greens that were found in my dish! 

Oh, in case you were wondering, nope I didnt rebond my hair at all. And, nope my hair is not very healthy, and I have hair fall problem!

L'etoile
Strawberry Shortcake $6.60. It was normal. The strawberry slices in between the layers could be more generous, I think? I regretted not getting the green tea or chocolate cake! It looks nicer! I only saw them when I was paying the bill downstairs. We wanted to get the crepes but it was out on that day. 

Overall

I will definitely go back again, full stop! Hahahha. I really love the place so much! Scroll down to see more photos, you will know why I love it so much. The design is so vintage-ish and homely! All the small and tiny details that they put it all add up the friendliness feeling. It is a very nice place for an afternoon tea with that friend of yours that you have a lot to catch up with. The place is simply lovely! 

Did you know?
L'etoile is inspired by the indie cafes in Japan. It a cafe with a Japanese-French influences. 


L'etoile
160 Owen Road
Singapore 218953

Operating hours: 
Mon-Fri: 11:00am to 10:00pm
Sat, Sun & PH: 9:00am to 10:00pm


 More photos:

The second floor 

Remember our ah ma dressing table? Hehehe

L'etoile







L'etoile

L'etoile


L'etoile



The first floor

I had taken the pictures when we finished eating, thus less crowded and that means better pictures!! 


L'etoile

L'etoile

L'etoile

L'etoile


L'etoile



L'etoile


L'etoile

L'etoile

L'etoile


L'etoile

You Might Also Like

2 comments