Tony Tun Tun Hair Salon and Acacia Tea Salon (Yangon, Myanmar)

02:06

Today I am going to blog about my all time favourite place in Yangon!!

Tony Tun Tun Hair Salon

Tony Tun Tun is a chained hair salon in Myanmar. The branding is like Jean Yip, they are everywhere. They provide all the service from head to toes, starting from hair treatment, facial, manicure and pedicure. I only did my hair there. 

My trip:

I am forever treating my hair to a salon ANYWHERE i go!! I forgot to bring my travel pack shampoo and conditioner. At first i thought i could buy it here in Yangon, so i did not buy it when i was at Changi Airport. When i reached here, we could not find the brand that i wanted. Ronan was saying that i could use his at home. He turned up not having a conditioner. I can't live without conditioner when i wash my hair! In the end he suggested to bring me to this hair salon in the morning while he go and collect his mom's passport. 

So I was warmly welcomed by the front receptionist (which i obviously did not understand what they said). Ronan, my all time translator asked me what kind of hair treatment i wanted. They have normal shampoo, hair mask and hair intensive treatment. I did not want him to wait too long for me as he was only going for collection and he said it would not take more than 30 mins, so i chose normal hair shampoo.

It was DAEBAKKK! Super shiok!! First I was ushered to this hair washing area where there was a stretch of the hair wash bed (yes, bed). I had forgotten to take picture of it as i did not have the chance to at all. What we have normally is just a chair, at most is the almost flat chair, but it is still a chair. Theirs are not. It was totally flat. Just like your normal facial bed? Yes, that kind, only with the basin below your head rest. 

I lied down and she starts to wash my hair. She shampoo-ed me at least 2 times. She shampoo-ed me, massage, scratch here and there (super thoroughly) and rinse it off and then shampoo-ed me again. I knew it was not a conditioner, because after she shampoo-ed me for the second time (same thing, scratch here and there and massage my whole head) she rinsed it off and put on the conditioner for me. This time she did not scratch my head anymore and massage slowly, preventing to touch my scalp. Well, at least they know the basic rule of conditioning your hair. We are NOT supposed to scratch our scalp while conditioning! 

After she was done massaging my head with the conditioner, she left for a while and came back to massage both of my hands. Omg, what a way to start my day! She massaged me while waiting for the conditioner to set in. Please be reminded again that i am only doing NORMAL hair shampoo, imagine when i do intensive treatment there?? They are so detailed! They do not just anyhow shampoo your hair even if it was just a normal hair shampoo that i opt for. When she was done with both of my hands, she massaged my shoulder and my neck. It was heavenly.. I wish i could be there forever! 



After she rinsed off, she dried my hair with the towel and ushered me to the sitting area where she could blow dry my hair. She handed me two cotton buds to clear my ears (water normally goes into your ear when you go to salon, more or less) So sweet, isn't it? The whole process was so meticulous and detailed! 

I managed to get a few shots while she blow dry my hair =) The design is so classy and princessy!





Even the chair is so classy-vintage-ish!

Look who is back! Just in time to help me take a few shots hehehe




And so, i came out of the salon with nice smelling hair! Most importantly it was smooth and silky! I can't believe that i can get such treatment with just a normal hair shampoo. Do you know how much it cost me? 4,000 Kyats / SGD7. Yes, your eyes are not playing tricks on you!! I actually only paid $7 for the above mentioned treatment!!



Acacia Tea Salon

Today is so much love!!! Just had my hair done and enjoying my good hair day and now Ronan brought me to this place that he KNEW I WOULD LOVE IT! 

Acacia is located in on of the stretch houses by the main road. Once you enter the house compound, the glass house on the left would definitely catch your attention! Straight in front is just a white building of a normal landed property that you would see anywhere, but definitely not the interior ;)

Glass house:

Acacia Tea Salon

Acacia Tea Salon



Acacia Tea Salon

Inside the glass house, they sell types of bread, cakes and other tea time snacks. There are a few tables and chairs available in the glass house as well. It is like a mini version of Coffee Club @ Raffles Place. Have you been there? 

Ronan suggested that we take our order there and sit inside instead as he wanted to show me around. I forgot to take the counter full of bread and cakes! How clumsy :/ Fret not, go to their main website, you can see more pictures there! www.acaciateasalon.com

Inside the house:

The interior is exactly like a normal house. The first floor consists of living room (which they transform into another dessert counter), a study room (which they put a small table and a few chairs just enough for you and your friends to have girls talk!), A dining room which they transformed into an area for a large group of people (the table in this room can sit up to 12 people. It's a long rectangular wooden table)



The second floor consist of another living room and a few other rooms. I took more pictures on second level as there was no people up there and we sat there for our tea time.

Room 1. This room is what they called Moroccan room. Very Morocco style, isn't it! 
Acacia Tea Salon


Room 2. The one that we occupied on that day! 





Living room on the second floor.

Me taking through the big mirror in the living room!



Our Food:




Acacia Tea Salon


I would DEFINITELY go back to Acacia again! it's too pretty. I had this dream to open my own cafe. Acacia is definitely a live version of what i wanted it to be like! Chilling and pretty to let my customers have the home sweet home feeling when they are in my cafe.

The feeling i get when i am inside is sooo good. Life is good! hahaha. It was really enjoying! The whole trip to Yangon was very enjoying and relaxing!

Pretty toilet! 

Acacia Tea Salon
One of the seat for two by the window.


You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Beautiful decoration. If I could do anything it would be to have it wavy and curly in the right areas and have something awesome done with my bangs that would make my fact not look so fat! Hair Studio LDK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy that I found your post while searching for informative posts. It is really informative and quality of the content is extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I am currently visiting my Dad here.. I was looking for a hair salon here to do my hair, thank god I stumbled upon your blog. I just wanted to know if any staff spoke english.. I may be most likely going alone and I speak no Burmese at all.

    Lastly, if it is possible can I get a rough translation of these: normal shampoo, hair mask and hair intensive treatment... That way I can just point it to them..

    Thanks in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!!

      I am sure the staffs do speak basic english, so you don't have to worry about it. When I went there, Ronan helped me talk to them though, I don't know Burmese at all. So I am not able to help you with that, sorry!

      But rest assured that you just have to tell them in english. I am quite sure they will understand =) Hope this help! and thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice article, very useful information.


    Spa In Sparta

    ReplyDelete

  7. The famous salon in Mississauga HM Hair and Spa offers the beauty services that will enhance your beauty and expose the attractive part of your personality. Either you went for a decent haircut or a complete new look our best hair salon in Mississauga has a variety of modish hair services. Our main objective is to provide you the exact thing that you desire
    http://hmhairspa.com/

    ReplyDelete