Sudden Surge of Emotions

02:04

I was studying for my upcoming exams when I got distracted and explore through my Instagram.


"Change is the only thing that is constant."

Yes, we all know that. But somehow we never prepare ourselves for change. Human does not like change because they made us uncomfortable. When we are used to something, we get comfortable. 

When that something is gone, we feel lost. Not because we can't live with it, often than not, it's just because we can't accept the change. 

"It’s like getting a tooth pulled out; after the dentist pulls it out you’re relieved. But how many times does your tongue run itself over the spot where the tooth once was? probably a hundred times a day? Just because it was not hurting you does not mean you don’t notice it. It leaves a gap, and sometimes you see yourself missing it terribly. It’s going to take awhile, but it takes time. Should you have kept the tooth? No, because it was causing you pain."

This sudden emotion is not because I still couldn't get over it. I did and I had moved on for good. It's just that, when I look through the past pictures, I realised how easily we say things out of our mouths. 

Now when I look back, I don't feel pain. I see a young couple fighting with all their might to distance. With just love between them, nothing could stop them. The future seemed so possible when they were in love. 

We were foolish. Foolishly in love with each other. We didnt care about what others thought of us, we didnt care about the disagreement, we didnt care about the language barriers to each of our parents. 

Cause to us, it was just all about us. Until we realised as we grow, that there are far more responsibilities that we had to take, instead of just being selfish and only thought about us. 

I am glad that we had made this decision. We both know that this is the best path for both of us. It hurt us, but it's the best. There is no decision that is perfect. But this decision is close enough, with only our relationship in expense.

It's alright. I came to learn that, just because the relationship ended, it doesn't mean that the other person is a bad person, it doesn't mean that those moments we had shared weren't real nor does it mean that he never cared or loved me.

"It's not a matter of forgetting. What one has to learn is how to remember and yet be free of the past."

I truly understand this now. Because now when I look back, I don't feel hurt or sad. I feel happy of what we used to have. Everything happened for a reason. There must be a reason that we were brought together, and there must also be a reason that we had to be separated. 

Suddenly remind me of a quote that I heard almost 10 years ago, but I still remember it vividly up till today. 

"在对的时间,遇到对的人,是一生幸福;在对的时间,遇到错的人,是一场伤心;在错的时间,遇到错的人,是一场荒唐;在错的时间,遇到对的人,是一声叹息"

I am not sure if whatever I had typed above made any sense. I was just typing according to my mind. Time to get back to study! :D

You Might Also Like

0 comments